During these challenging COVID days, Abc Electro Powdercoating would like to wish all our clients, both companies and individuals, good health and great success. We remain open for business and serve many locations in Ontario and Quebec including: Toronto, Kitchener, London, Midland, Barrie, Orillia, Oshawa, Peterborough, Belleville, Kingston, Pembroke, Arnprior, Ottawa and Montreal.
Since 1981 Abc Electro Powdercoating has been servicing the metal industry. Management staff have a combined experience of over 75 years in the industry. READ MORE
Powder coatings can be applied to almost any metal item that can withstand the typical curing conditions (180-200C for 10-20 minutes) and can fit in an industrial oven. READ MORE
Powder coating is mainly used for the coating of metals, such as computer cases, aluminum extrusions, drum hardware, and automobile and bicycle parts. READ MORE
Powder coating is environmentally friendly, emits zero or near zero volatile organic compounds and is energy and material efficient.
What is powder coating?
Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form. The coating is typically applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a "skin". The powder may be a thermoplastic or a thermoset polymer. It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint.
Click to read More
Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging. Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
Powder coating is a high-quality finish found on thousands of products you come in contact with each day. Powder coating protects the roughest, toughest machinery as well as the household items you depend on daily. It provides a more durable finish than liquid paints can offer, while still providing an attractive finish. Powder coated products are more resistant to diminished coating quality as a result of impact, moisture, chemicals, ultraviolet light, and other extreme weather conditions. In turn, this reduces the risk of scratches, chipping, abrasions, corrosion, fading, and other wear issues. It's tough. It looks great. And it lasts a long, long time. In addition to being durable, powder coating is an attractive choice due to environmental advantages.
Advantages of powder coating
- Highly chip and scratch resistant and can resist abuse in cold and hot temperatures
- Provides a beautiful and uniform quality finish without runs and has excellent chemical, petroleum and salt resistance
- Allows a thick even coating without traditional wet paint runs and sags
- Has the ability to encapsulate products, wrap around corners and help eliminate sharp edges
- Provides premium insulating qualities, both electrical and thermal (inhibits that cold metal feeling)
- Decorative finishes (Hammertone, Antique, Sandtex, Textured, Metallic) applied in one application
- Excellent ultraviolet light protection (Polyester- Polyurethane) to help reduce colour fading
- High quality one coat coverage with no primer necessary with virtually unlimited colours in a wide variety of finishes